For those who are going through a terrible journey of drug abuse, the journey of life starts getting terrible. The effects are also seen on their parents, friends and dear ones. Its not just the addict who faces turmoil of rehab, incarceration and dislodging, but also the ones whom the addict is close to face the weight.
Sometimes, it’s not too late. In case it’s just the beginning, these noticeable symptoms will help you tell if someone you know is headed the wrong way!
1. Keeping irregular hours, loss of sleep
2. Changes in eating habits
3. Secretiveness, unusual demand for privacy, spending long hours locked up in the bathroom/bedroom
4. Poor physical coordination
5. Worsening hygiene or physical health
6. Eyes will be red and heavy lidded, with constricted pupils
7. Sudden drop in performance at work and school
8. Inattentiveness; forgetfulness
9. Sudden oversensitivity; temper tantrums
10. Loss of interest in friends and family
Inputs- Dr. Huda Asif Mistry
Pro Bono Consultant at Drug Abuse Information, Rehabilitation and Research Centre (D.A.I.R.R.C)